Tuesday, November 01, 2005



Hmm, so I started this as kind of an online journal, and I think I do need to keep true to that. I did all the China stuff (well not all of it, but whatever), and that was/is nice, but that's a little, um, I don't know, "OK for all viewers"? Anyway, it's not my goal to write stuff that isn't, but I dunno, I guess I just think I need to stay true to the thing of writing a journal. So....__Oh, another disclaimer-this conversation was originally almost all in Mandarin, so the translation isn't exactly exact (you know what I mean:). I tried my best, though.__Last night Hanxin and I were at the bus stop, and he was talking about how it would be easy to find a teaching position at a small university like I want if we weren't together. He said, "You'll be a great professor." And I said, "Yep, and you'll be great living in DC and doing intelligence work. And I'll get calls late at night from your kid, and he'll be like, AIIIIYYYYIIIII! He'll say my dad made me quit the soccer team! He said I can't do it anymore because I didn't finish the extra homework he gave me!_"Well, I'll say, what grade did you get on the extra homework? And he says, a C! Well, what are you grades in school? All A's!, he'll respond.

No comments: