Monday, November 07, 2005

Funny Schtuff: With a Heart for all things VEGGIE, CBA is EVIL

Ha, I'm probably totally committing sloppy-right infringement....

As a Going-Vegan Sunday School Teacher, I get a funny feeling I won't be joining....

This is the funniest sh*t ever (or for today). I was listening to the Christian radio station in the car yesterday, and couldn't help but BUST out laughing when I heard a commercial for, get this, Christian BOWHUNTERS of America!
I believe the tagline for the radio spot was "When you're out in the woods, do you find yourself hunting for more than just deer?" I was like, "What? Do you want to kill GOD too??" (jk, I love my uncles and dad, who all hunt beer annually)....

Um, NO. MOST hunters have to take gas-guzzling TRUCKS to FIND WOODS to hunt in, and even then, your average hunter (having family who engages in this kind of stuff, I think I can say) hunts BEER, not DEER, anyway.
It's amazing how the Bible is used to justify all sorts of stuff...I remember that, when I was trying to explain being vegan to my in-laws in China, I said the same thing as these "C"BA people. I said that God gave us the Earth as a garden, and I didn't know a good gardener who would encourage/force animals to couple for the purpose of ending their offspring's life unnaturally (for the eventual purpose of eating, which, in this day and age, is *almost* entirely unnecessary). Ha,ha, these dudes said that the Earth was given to "man" (don't get me started) "to partake of, and govern all its resources wisely." Maybe you should go work for the current administration, "C"BA....I think you would fit right in with all your "wisdom". Also, they state that they "further believe that the art of hunting with bow and arrow is a time proven means of human survival"--I'm sorry, do you really need to hunt beer-I mean Deer- to SURVIVE? Didn't most of you stop at a grocery story LADEN with non-meat protein sources when you were PACKING for this "resource management" hunting trip?

"Christian" Bowhunters of America's website even has to have a "tract" on this sh*t. I guess there are too many Christians who don't believe in that hunting is part of the "divine plan," and kinda think that killing for SPORT shouldn't pose as a direct ministry of Christ....

No comments: