Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Personal: Family (sorta): Rambling



The above is the view from the library where I'm sitting. Modern technology. Can't believe its true.... :-P

Seems like whenver I do something really bold and risky, just daring fate to get me, nothing much happens. Something like lifting soil however...and all hell breaks loose. Forever regretting the things I didn't have a chance to think about regretting in the first place... lol

Ugh, I'm swamped. Going to Washington DC this weekend for a conference which I know is probably a really really bad idea because I have tests and projects due en masse next week. But hey. I know I should have said no and I didn't, so dou guai wo ziji....

You know its funny I'm always hearing about people who, having dated and/or lived together or years or not, when they marry they still look at their spouse and think "Who the hell did I marry!?" I'm not really sure the appropriate time frame in which that's supposed to happen. But it's been happening here for over two years now. Sometimes I just look at my husband and think "Wow, maybe China really does have UFO's--here's one right here!" (lol ask me later for my take on Chinese alien sightings.... :-P) True, we only dated for a few months before we got married (and even then we didn't start living together for another six months--long boring story), but I have never yet looked at him and thought reassuringly, "this man is human." My mind is always wandering (oops-sorry for being so weird--it's a bad habit but haven't found a support group for THAT yet ;-P), and thinking "Maybe he was my son in a past life...or maybe he was a labrador retriever?" Grounds for divorce? Maybe not. Grounds for committment? More likely. Grounds for juicy blogs? Probably (though I don't have the time to write as much as I'd like).

Well I have written about absolutely nothing, and I'm quite embarrassed. Don't ask me why, but I'm posting this anyway! :-l

Wish me luck on my performance in DC!

No comments: